He wakes up at 3am every day.
To date, he’s lost 225 pounds.
Meet fitness/weight loss expert and CEO of Fitness Fast Team USA Andre Johnson. In today’s podcast, Andre discusses how he overcame adversity in life and built a fitness business that strives to empower individuals to become a better version of themselves. Andre also talks about how a life committed to the streets ended him up in prison and the steps he took to change his life (and health) for the better.
“I knew as a convicted felon, the real world was going to be hard. I knew if I wanted to be successful, I couldn’t work for nobody. I had to create my own lane. Nobody was going to open up doors and say come on in. They were going to look at my history and judge me based off that.”
“At one time I didn’t feel like I would be successful at anything besides the streets. It let me know that if I just get in the mindset, I would be able to do it. We don’t believe in ourselves. When we say, “Nah, this ain’t for me”… that really means that you’re scared of change. I had to learn that I was scared of change, because I didn’t really feel like this world was for me. I had to take myself out of that mindset and let myself know that the world that I was in before prepared me ten times more than it would for the next person because I dealt with so much hardship. What can really hurt me now? This is supposed to be a piece of cake, because I’ve been through so much worse. I’d tell myself I’m a coward if I can’t face it.”
IN THIS PODCAST YOU’LL LEARN:
– More on Andre’s life growing up in a single-parent household in Newark, NJ and why he didn’t think he was going to be successful in school
– How one summer at his father’s house as a young boy changed his life dramatically and led him to joining an “organization” at only twelve years old
– How weighing in at 455 pounds before going to prison inspired Andre to start taking his health seriously and change his life around
– The steps Andre took while in prison to prepare himself for his new life as a fitness expert
– Why training your mind before training your body is crucial
– Why community is such a big part of Fitness Fast Team USA
– Challenges Andre faced as he grew his brand
– Andre’s secret to helping his clients realize their inner potential and how he knew that this was his “gift”
– What you can learn about yourself by the things that you “hate”
ANDRE’S KEYS TO SUCCESS (WHAT EVERY YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT):
2. Believe in yourself.
3. Be passionate.
HOW HAVE YOU MOVED PAST A DIFFICULT TIME IN YOUR LIFE AND CONQUERED YOUR DREAMS? SHARE YOUR STORY IN THE COMMENTS SECTION BELOW!