Can an idea that started out as a passion project lead you to full-time entrepreneurship? YES. In this episode, we chat with – Barbara Jacques – Founder, Creative Director and Chief Formulator at Jacq’s Organics, a sustainable bath, body, and skincare line. Barbara is also a a self-proclaimed recovered beauty product junkie, writer and natural skincare expert that is passionate about health, natural beauty, yoga, and traveling. Barbara shares her story of how a health scare during her pregnancy inspired Jacq’s Organics, challenges she faced during her early days of business, juggling full-time work, motherhood & entrepreneurship, tips for growing an online business, standing out in the market place, and bouncing back from fear. At the end of it all, remember this: NO ONE CAN DO IT LIKE YOU DO IT. Barbara reveals what keeps her going and how you can use your story to help you define what “success” looks like for you. Join in the conversation on social using the hashtag #dreamsindrive. Enjoy!
IN THIS PODCAST WE DISCUSS:
– Growing up as a competitive child
– Transitions early in life & dealing with the death of her parents
– Barbara’s decision to get a Communications degree in college
– How an ovarian tumor during her pregnancy changed her outlook on life & health & inspired entrepreneurship
– Barbara’s shift to being a more health-conscious consumer
– Challenges faced during early days of business
– Why Barbara had a hard time selling in the beginning days
– Juggling full-time work, motherhood, and Jacq’s Organics
– The power of your story/storytelling
– Why/when Barbara decided to quit her full-time job
– 3 tips for growing an online business
– 3 ways to stand out in the marketplace
– Bouncing back from fear
– What keeps Barbara going
BARBARA’S KEYS TO SUCCESS:
1. Believe in yourself even when noone else does.
2. Set goals and meet those goals.
3. Have multiple mentors.
FIND BARBARA JACQUES/ JACQ’S ORGANICS ON:
Instagram: @iambarbarajacqs | @jacqsorganics
Twitter: @barbarajacques | @jacqorganics
JOIN THE #DREAMSINDRIVE COMMUNITY: www.dreamsindrive.com/JOIN