On this episode of the Dreams In Drive podcast, I chatted with entrepreneur, sales & customer expert, Mission Belt Co. founder, and Shark Tank alum Nate Holzapfel about his personal keys to success and what it takes to be a successful brand builder and hustler. He talks about his early life growing up in rural America, why he fell in love with sales and his techniques for creating personal and professional success.
For those listening in, this episode was actually recorded in July 2015 for the BRANDMAKERS series on ranacampbell.com. At the end of the interview, Nate asked me what format would the final product be in. I told him that I was thinking about starting a podcast but that I’d be transcribing it and posting as a written interview. Nate’s advice to me? Make it happen. Do whatever it takes to get the equipment to start creating podcasts. I ended up never posting this on the site. Five months from our conversation, I launched Dreams In Drive. 19 episodes in, I’m sharing our conversation. The sound quality isn’t the greatest. My interviewing isn’t as refined….but the message is still there.
So as you listen to Nate tell his story….I ask you this: What will you do to MAKE IT HAPPEN today?
My answer to you is: whatever it takes. Put your hustler hat on, stop complaining, and start getting s**t done!
IN THIS PODCAST YOU’LL LEARN:
– Why Presentation is everything
– Why a college degree isn’t a ticket to success and what is instead
– The question you need to ask yourself in order to “make it happen”
– What got Nate hooked on sales
– How to create buying opportunities for potential customers
– 3 ways to build confidence
– Why college degree isn’t a ticket to success
– How to make branding fun
– How to win on Shark Tank + how he made 1.5 million in Mission Belt Co. sales in 3.5 weeks
-How to perfect the art of you + why being genuine always wins
– The formula for success (Confidence + Experience + Successful Experiences)
– How to develop emotional intelligence + gain experience of the human spirit.
– Why chasing perfection will lead you nowhere.
1. “We’re all born with certain talents and abilities.” It’s important that you figure out what yours are and then create your life around that.
7. When the branding is clear to everyone, you are going to find followers and haters all at once
8. The difference between your success and another’s is mostly mental.
Join the #dreamsindrive network: bit.ly/DIDsignup
ENJOY THIS WEEK’S EPISODE? TELL US WHY IN THE COMMENTS SECTION BELOW!