As a millennial creative or lifestyle entrepreneur, have you ever felt like you were doing so much but didn’t know how to process everything? On todays’s Dreams In Drive podcast, we chat with Xanthia Johnson, a psychotherapist and owner of Urban Playology. We chat how you can take control of your mental health and identify ways to get help in the areas of your life that need it. It’s NOT OKAY to feel like you are alone and you aren’t. We discuss the myth of the “functionally dysfunctional” person and how you can find your inner resilience.
IN THIS PODCAST YOU’LL LEARN:
– How to avoid internalizing negative schema in your life
– Why it is critical to pay attention to your mental health
– How to identify if you may be functionally depressed or anxious
– The myth of the “functionally dysfunctional” person
– What to look for in a therapist
– How being your full self will help your business
– Why millennials have the power to change the culture surrounding mental health
– How to turn down the volume on approval seeking
– How to tap into your inner resilience
– The importance of solitude and how it can be “joyous”
– Tips for taking control of your life and creating a sense of purpose
1.Sometimes it’s about having people who truly care about us, hold a vision for us and to love us until we can really love ourselves…if you have an iota of someone’s else’s belief in you, you’re set to go.
4. Being able to be still and wait for discernment is an important part of entrepreneurship
XANTHIA’S KEYS TO SUCCESS:
1. Know where you are going. It’s important to have a destination.
2. Make sure you have a place where you can be fully yourself.
3. Remember that life is messy.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE #DREAMSINDRIVE NETWORK: www.dreamsindrive.com/JOIN