How do you build professional connections and mentorship opportunities that last? In this episode, we uncover tips and strategies to use to genuinely network & connect your way to success. As part of our DRIVER’S ED series, we chat with Gabrielle N. Simpson, a communications and media expert (and one of Rana’s mentors.) Gabrielle has been recognized for her industry-wide accomplishments, commitment to diversity & inclusion and dedication to sharing global stories on multiple platforms. She is a career mentor and NYU Graduate Adjunct Professor where she teaches integrated marketing, digital and social media, advanced public relations, media relations, corporate communications and event planning courses. Gabrielle discusses how networking helped launch her career, the art of informational interviewing, how to stand out, organic mentorship, and much more! Make sure to follow on social @dreamsindrive and use the hashtag #dreamsindrive. Grab your FREE Dreams In Drive resources at www.dreamsindrive.com/free. Enjoy!
IN THIS PODCAST WE DISCUSS:
– What inspired Gabrielle as a child
– Life in New York City as a college student & young professional
– The art of informational interviewing
– How to be consistent in building your network
– How to stand out
– Finding mentors and building sustainable relationships.
– The mistake many millennials make when reaching out for mentorship
– The power of organic mentorship
– Why the professional friendships you make matter too
– How Gabrielle managed working in corporate communications + being a professor
– Challenges Gabrielle is currently facing in her own career & life
GABRIELLE SIMPSON’S KEYS TO SUCCESS:
There should be a ripple effect. Whenever you meet with someone, you should impress them. You should be able to comfortably ask, “Is there anyone else you think I should meet?”
JOIN THE #DREAMSINDRIVE COMMUNITY: www.dreamsindrive.com/JOIN