What does having it “all” mean if you can’t truly enjoy it? What does “wealth” really look like and what steps can you take to start building it? We chat with Jay Morrison – a real estate investor, TV personality, entrepreneur, social activist, author,CEO/Founder of the Jay Morrison Academy, a real estate investing school and mentorship program, and the CEO of Tulsa Real Estate Fund, a regulation A real estate investing crowdfunding platform.
Jay wasn’t always a man with so many accolades and titles behind his name. A high school dropout, at risk youth and three time felon, Jay made a major life transformation over a decade ago and now uses his life experiences and personal story of triumph to empower and impact the lives of thousands of his Academy students, troubled youth, ex-offenders and real estate professionals. Jay is passionate about community repair and empowerment. He developed the Corner Class to teach residents of underserved communities financial literacy and how to utilize real estate investing strategies to rebuild their neighborhoods.
Jay takes along his personal #dreamdriving journey and the life changes he made that eventually led him to living in alignment with his purpose. We discuss how you can successfully find your WHY, build your own brand empire, varying challenges Jay faces, the importance of will & faith, how you can win in the real estate world, why you should bet on yourself (and your dreams) and much more!
Make sure to join in on the conversation on social (@dreamsindrive) and use the hashtag #dreamsindrive.
IN THIS PODCAST WE DISCUSS:
– What inspired Jay as a child
– The importance of a moral compass
– How Jay’s desire “to get out” fueled his involvement in drug dealing at a young age
– Prison’s effect on Jay’s persona
– Having a high-risk threshold
– Challenges going legit and leaving drug dealing behind
– What Jay Did when he felt like giving up
– Building the Jay Morrison brand
– The importance of building valuable content for your audience
– Strategies for being consistent
– The importance of will & faith
– The definition of wealth
– The difference between being a real estate entrepreneur vs. being a realtor
– Why being a realtor isn’t enough if you want to build true wealth
– The key to breaking the poverty curse
– Building a real estate empire + 1 thing Jay doesn’t like about the real estate industry
– What to do if you’re scared to take risks
– What keeps Jay up at night
– Building a strong team
Once you find your why, are spiritually aligned, and put energy behind your purpose, opportunities will open up!